Sunday 26 July 2015

Every September, my husband and I venture east to Cornwallis, NS to attend Camp Mini Ha Ha.  It is an amazing "camp" for miniaturists that happens every year.  It is run by a wonderful rotating group of volunteers and is an experience like no other for miniaturists and crazies like me.

Details can be found here www.campminihaha.com.  A few years ago, we made a castle room and I would love to share my finished box wit you.  I made it into a mad scientist's lab and it is inhabited by the monkey gatekeeper and his family.  I hope you enjoy this.

Room overview

The lights are all battery powered.

Evidence of the madness of the inhabitant is in the fireplace.  The mice who live there don't seem to mind though.

This is the monkey gatekeeper.  I found him at the local Goodwill and I love him.  His son is playing on the floor beside him with a mini mini castle.  His lantern and the candle on the window ledge are batter powered but not turned on for this photo.

Lots of spell books on the shelves.

Mr. Dragon guards the castle while the mad scientist is away.

The door at the stairs leads to.............

Lots of book and weird ingredients for the spells and experiments line the table.

This box of scrolls was made by Sherry Parker of Nova Scotia.  She is a fellow camper and does lovely work.  I won this in one of the nightly giftie swaps!

The old hound dog is a faithful companion (made by my friend, Karl Blindheim)

What exactly is in that back jar????

I love to make clutter in mini!

More evidence of the madness of the inhabitant is in the garbage pail.


This is a close up of the fireplace and the mouse house.  The fireplace started out as a regular wooden fireplace.  I added the gargoyles on the front, paper clay stones all over and then painted it all with grey paint mixed with sand.  It was great fun.  There are flickering bulbs in the fireplace as well.

I hope you enjoyed my castle and please check out the Camp Mini Ha Ha site.  It is such fun!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Liz,
    The roombox is just wonderful. The detail is exquisite and the accessories fill it perfectly. Wonderful!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Giac! I appreciate your compliments. I really enjoyed doing this roombox. I hope to have more photos of my work on here soon. All the best, Liz

    ReplyDelete